International Composition Institute of Thailand 2022 (ICIT)
International Composition Institute of Thailand (ICIT) is an intensive and unique experience for young composers around the world to experiment their own sonic and conceptual ideas with highly artistic performers, ensembles and participate in in-depth sessions with professional contemporary living mentors/composers. The ICIT 2022 will be held on December 20th - 22nd, 2022 with the partnership of Bangkok Art and Culture Centre (BACC). Moreover, the selected works of participants will be premiered in a public concert during December 22th - 25th, 2022 at the Int-Act Festival. The mentor composers are including Jason Thorpe Buchanan (USA), Narong Prangcharoen (Thailand), Anothai Nitibhon (Thailand), Emily Koh (USA/Singapore), Eleni Ralli (Switzerland), and Jiradej Setabhunhu (Thailand).
Application Deadline: August 1st, 2022
Application Fee: Free
Prize: The winner will receive $1500 USD as well as a commission for the next ICIT and Int-Act 2023
Participants Fee (In-Person): the total of the fees will be divided into 2 parts.
Course Fees: 900 USD (including lessons, lectures, rehearsal times, concert performance and professional documentation of recordings and videos)
Housing Costs: Optional 300 USD (single-room accommodation with breakfast (ibis siamhotel), access to the event (19 – 26th December 2022, total 7 nights).
*Case of Online: In case the travel is not possible, we will change the program to online mode without housing costs and travel.
*The Institute will provide an invitation letter for participants to apply for their own individual grants for support.
**The institute will offer a group of international composers regardless of nationalities to participate in activities including:
1) Multiple rehearsals of their works with residence ensembles Tacet(i) (Thailand)
2) two intensive one to one lessons and five group coaching with faculty composers
3) Public music presentations and seminars of participants
4) Premiere of each participant’s works in a public concert at the Bangkok Art and Culture Center (BACC)
5) one composer will be awarded $1500 as Tacet(i) Commissioning Prize 2023
6) After the premiere, Tacet(i) ensemble will consider pieces as ensemble repertoire and/or to be performed in the Int-Act Festival and future performances
7) Participants will also receive professional recordings of the concerts as well as certificates and documentation
8) All selected composers will receive the certificate of awards and participations
ICIT is finding young composers under 35 years old from around the world regardless of nationality.
1) 2 pages of CV/Resume and 1 recent photo as well as biography (200 words)
2) 2 scores of recent works of any instrumentation and styles. One of the submission scores could be a piece for the workshop and concert as well (Optional).
3) recording is not required but appreciated (both scores and recording could be uploaded in any online or downloadable links)
Selected Participants Schedule
Selected Participants Schedule
August 1st deadline is closed.
August 8th selected applicants will receive emails to accept the place.
August 31th deadline for confirmed selected applicants and to transfer first instalment ($400) via paypal ,
October 1st deadline to transfer second instalment ($500) via paypal
October 15th deadline for a score and parts (4 – 7 performers, 4 – 8 minutes piece)
December 20th - 22th intensive daily rehearsals, presentations, seminars, lessons and workshops
December 23rd Dress Rehearsal
December 23rd - 25th public concert at Bangkok Art and Culture Center (BACC)
Guitar (acoustic and electric)
Keyboard/Synthesizer (no piano)
Percussion available instruments: vibraphone, drum set, snare, bongos and Tam-tam. D.I.Y. and other small instruments are available upon request. We are not offering large instruments e.g. timpani, xylophone, marimba, chimes etc.).
Faculty Composition Workshops: Mentor composers share ideas and thoughts about their music to participants.
Participant Composer Seminars: Participants will give 30 minutes presentation of their music, the mentor will comment and discuss.
Individual lessons: Participants will receive 2 lessons and work closely with two of the five faculty composers (your choice)
Ensemble Workshop and Rehearsal: The resident ensemble will lead multiple rehearsals with thoughts on compositions for each participant intensively as well as faculty composers will give guidance and comments.
Special Talks: special topics by mentors, guests, and ensembles